[MlMt] MailSteward

Billy Youdelman billy at MIX.COM
Wed Apr 23 00:14:49 EDT 2014

On 22 Apr 2014, at 20:01 MST, hargrove wrote:

> What do I need to change in MailSteward to get it to read my email from Mailmate? Or have I missed something obvious?

After a quick look at the docs, it appears it only directly supports Apple's Mail.  For other user agents, you'd have to first export mail into mbox files, then import those into MailSteward.  See page 33 of this -

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mailsteward/msmanual.pdf

Perhaps these people would support MailMate directly.  If they did, it looks like something I might want to try...

Maybe some symlinks could be used to point to MailMate's directories, but I couldn't get Apple Mail to work (would not download new messages for me under OS 10.9.1, which led me to use MailMate), so I can't offer any specific suggestions about that.  It's probably unlikely the data storage formats are the same for both user agents, though.

ビリー ヨーデルマん
Billy Youdelman
+1 310 839 7673
http://MIX.COM/