[MlMt] MailSteward

hargrove hargrove at spiritofnine.com
Tue Apr 22 23:01:54 EDT 2014

I'm confused about Mailmate and MailSteward. Maybe I'm missing something. I've searched the archives and Google, but I haven't found a solution.

I use Fastmail.fm as my IMAP server. I send an email to myself from the web interface, fire up Mailmate, wait for everything to sync, and then run the following from the command line for MailSteward:

/Applications/MailStewardPro.app/Contents/MacOS/MailStewardPro 1 >& /dev/null

The email I sent from the Fastmail web interface does not end up in MailSteward. (I have MailSteward configured to only archive my FastMail account, and nothing else.)

So I quit Mailmate and then start Mail.app. After Mail.app syncs, I then run the same MailSteward command again, and the email appears in MailSteward.

What do I need to change in MailSteward to get it to read my email from Mailmate? Or have I missed something obvious?

Thanks!
--
hargrove
http://spiritofnine.com