[MlMt] Leaving search and tags

Tue Apr 15 02:28:34 EDT 2014

On 14 Apr 2014, at 17:40, Roland wrote:

> I'm not sure if I understand correctly.
> When I select "Submailbox for every unique value of 'Tags/Keywords'",
> I receive a list like this:
> $Forwarded, Forwarded, MyTagName1
> MyTagName1, \Answered, \Recent
> MyTagName2, \Answered, \Seen
>
> IMO, there are two problems in that:
>
> 1. I don't need the system tags/keywords like \Answered etc.

There is a virtual header named “#Tags” available under
“Other...” in the header selection popup. This only includes tags,
but it'll still have the problem described above. This is a relatively
hidden feature since it is not a complete solution to this problem yet.

> 2. I would like at least an option to avoid mailboxes for unique
> combinations and receive only one mailbox per tag, even if a message
> has more than one (it just should appear in each of those
> tag-mailboxes, then)

Yes, this is one of the missing features I described.

> Since I use tags a lot*, the system tags are also a bit annoying in
> search and stuff, but the submailbox feature is much more a problem,
> since it's not usable now.

Noted. I should remember to promote the “Tags” header to a more
prominent and separate  location when the submailboxes features works
for multi-value headers.

> *I tag every message with a tag for the project, sometimes some more.
> In fact, this is the feature which made me buy the program, because in
> other features like conversation view it's behind e.g. Apples Mail

Just for the record, a refund is available if you didn't buy the license
so long ago that the payment cannot be reversed (60 days I think but I'm
not sure).