[MlMt] Leaving search and tags

Roland mailmate at com.beintner.de
Tue Apr 15 04:05:56 EDT 2014

Hi Benny,

>      1. I don't need the system tags/keywords like \Answered etc.
>
> There is a virtual header named “#Tags” available under “Other...” in
> the header selection popup. This only includes tags, but it'll still
> have the problem described above. This is a relatively hidden feature
> since it is not a complete solution to this problem yet.

That's great! It looks like all my tags are in there and nothing else -
I absolutely can live with that.

>      2. I would like at least an option to avoid mailboxes for unique
>         combinations and receive only one mailbox per tag, even if a
>         message has more than one (it just should appear in each of
>         those tag-mailboxes, then)
>
> Yes, this is one of the missing features I described.

Ok. It's still fine with above solution, because most of my tags are
just for one project and most messages have only one tag. More options
would be fine in future, of course.

>     *I tag every message with a tag for the project, sometimes some
>     more. In fact, this is the feature which made me buy the program,
>     because in other features like conversation view it's behind e.g.
>     Apples Mail
>
> Just for the record, a refund is available if you didn't buy the license
> so long ago that the payment cannot be reversed (60 days I think but I'm
> not sure).

JFTR, I am very content with the program, at least after I invested some
time into looking how I can make it match my workflows (e.g. I needed to
find out it's possible to change the default search to find all headers
and body, which is my expected behaviour). So, no need for refunds :-)

-Roland