[MlMt] Leaving search and tags

Roland mailmate at com.beintner.de
Mon Apr 14 11:40:01 EDT 2014

Hi,

thanks for the answer!

>         Second question, concerning tags: everywhere I go with tags, I
>         have not only the ones I defined, but also a lot of stuff like
>         \Seen, \Forwarded, \Deleted etc. We use Zimbra as mail server if
>         that is an issue. Is there any way to avoid them, in search and
>         everywhere else? I absolutely would love to have a special
>         folder with all my tagged messages in subfolders, but since
>         those special tags are also included, it's a real mess and not
>         usable.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean with “everywhere”, but you are correct that
> there are two “missing” features:
>
>   * A messages outline column which only displays tags.
>   * The ability of the Submailboxes feature to handle tags.
>
> The latter is not really a missing tags feature, but a more general
> missing feature. There is a virtual Tags header which can be used, but
> MailMate cannot yet partition messages based on a header with multiple
> values.

I'm not sure if I understand correctly.
When I select "Submailbox for every unique value of 'Tags/Keywords'", I
receive a list like this:
$Forwarded, Forwarded, MyTagName1
MyTagName1, \Answered, \Recent
MyTagName2, \Answered, \Seen

IMO, there are two problems in that:

1. I don't need the system tags/keywords like \Answered etc.
2. I would like at least an option to avoid mailboxes for unique
combinations and receive only one mailbox per tag, even if a message has
more than one (it just should appear in each of those tag-mailboxes, then)

Since I use tags a lot*, the system tags are also a bit annoying in
search and stuff, but the submailbox feature is much more a problem,
since it's not usable now.

-Roland

*I tag every message with a tag for the project, sometimes some more. In
fact, this is the feature which made me buy the program, because in
other features like conversation view it's behind e.g. Apples Mail