[MlMt] PGP Troubles, INV_SGNR 9

Fri Apr 11 09:16:01 EDT 2014

On 11 Apr 2014, at 14:56, Bram Heerink wrote:

>> According to the
>> [“documentation”](http://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gnupg.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/DETAILS)
>> the error is interpreted as follows:
>>
>> - INV_SGNR <reason> <requested_sender>
>> 	-  9 :: Not a secret key
>>
>> Maybe that helps? (Verify that you have a secret key for
>> `personal at bramheerink.nl`).
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Do you mean a passphrase or something else? Nothing asks me for a
> passphrase... When i do this on command line it does... and it works.

Note that MailMate only works with `gpg2` from GPGTools with respect to
asking for a passphrase, but the error listed above appears to be a
different problem. It looks like your GPG Keychain does not contain a
secret key for your email address.

I just tried with an email address for which I have no keys and then I
actually get the same error. This means that the problem could also be
that `gpg2` cannot find your keys at all...

Try this in the Terminal:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmDebugSecurity -bool YES

And then launch MailMate like this:

	/Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/MacOS/MailMate

See if that helps locating the problem.

> BTW: I upgraded to the beta version of Mailmate 4174 but this crashes
> if you play with the From pulldown in the mail composer window...

I cannot reproduce that. You are welcome to provide additional details
(steps to reproduce) via private email if this is a reproducible
problem.