[MlMt] Creating a new IMAP mailbox from the keyboard

Thomas Eckhold Thomas at Eckhold.eu
Wed Apr 2 11:50:50 EDT 2014

On 2 Apr 2014, at 17:17, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 2 Apr 2014, at 17:00, Matt Gray wrote:

> That would be `newIMAPMailbox:`. I'll add that and `newSmartMailbox:`
> to the official list. For now, note that `newIMAPMailbox:` does not
> behave well (crash?) if an IMAP mailbox is not selected (fixed for the
> next update).
>
> Ideally, the interface for “New IMAP Mailbox” should be changed to
> a sheet with a single text field in which one could provide an IMAP
> mailbox path (with automatic completion). If an IMAP mailbox is
> selected that would be the default parent mailbox path and if no IMAP
> mailbox is selected then the default could be the most recent IMAP
> mailbox path in which a mailbox was added.

There is an plug-in for Apple Mail (and now an app for sandbox reasons)
called [MsgFiler](http://msgfiler.com) that provides the functions as
Matt has described. It has even a similar UI. MsgFiler allows to
navigate to a mailbox (like the "Go to Mailbox" command in Mailmate) and
then to [create a new mailbox as a child from the selected parent
mailbox](http://msgfiler.com/support/docs/#newmailbox). Maybe it would
be an idea to use a similar approach in MailMate.

--Thomas