[MlMt] GPG enhancements/annoyances

Christopher LILJENSTOLPE mailmate at cdl.asgaard.org
Wed Sep 11 15:37:22 EDT 2013

On 11 Sep 2013, at 12:20, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 11 Sep 2013, at 21:12, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE wrote:
>
>> Another thing I noticed.  I have an e-mail pattern setup for one
>> account along the lines of *@cdl.asgaard.org.  My address here,
>> mailmate at cdl.asgaard.org matches that.  However, when I reply to a
>> message that was sent to that address, I still get my "primary" email
>> address set as the from address for the return e-mail.  The only time
>> the match works is when the enevelope to address matches a specific
>> e-mail address for that account.  The use case is that I have a
>> separate e-mail address for each mailing list I subscribe to (auto
>> created).  I would like to reply without manually typing in the from
>> address.  If there is a match to the "address patern" the envelope to
>> address should be used as the from on the return.
>
> I'll probably need your exact account settings and an example message
> to see what the problem is (you can send by private email if you
> like). Note that the “Address Pattern” in the IMAP account
> settings is a regular expression. In hindsight I should probably have
> made it simpler (like a glob pattern). In your case it means you need
> to have something like `".*@cdl\.asgaard\.org"`. Using `.` instead of
> `\.` would also work although it's not the same thing.

That worked (after a fashion).  However, my mail is going through too
many filtering steps to have the original too envelope kept intact.

I'll just have to do it manually.  Any chance to "remember" the sent
e-mail that is typed in and automatically use that for a specific to
address in the future (i.e. the first time I type in a from address of
mailmate at cdl.asgaard.org for an e-mail being sent to
mailmate at lists.freron.com, that gets remembered, and the "default" from
for any other messages to mailmate at lists… is mailmate at cdl… ?

	Chrisotpher

> --
> Benny

李柯睿