[MlMt] GPG enhancements/annoyances

Wed Sep 11 15:20:34 EDT 2013

On 11 Sep 2013, at 21:12, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE wrote:

> Another thing I noticed.  I have an e-mail pattern setup for one
> account along the lines of *@cdl.asgaard.org.  My address here,
> mailmate at cdl.asgaard.org matches that.  However, when I reply to a
> message that was sent to that address, I still get my "primary" email
> address set as the from address for the return e-mail.  The only time
> the match works is when the enevelope to address matches a specific
> e-mail address for that account.  The use case is that I have a
> separate e-mail address for each mailing list I subscribe to (auto
> created).  I would like to reply without manually typing in the from
> address.  If there is a match to the "address patern" the envelope to
> address should be used as the from on the return.

I'll probably need your exact account settings and an example message to
see what the problem is (you can send by private email if you like).
Note that the “Address Pattern” in the IMAP account settings is a
regular expression. In hindsight I should probably have made it simpler
(like a glob pattern). In your case it means you need to have something
like `".*@cdl\.asgaard\.org"`. Using `.` instead of `\.` would also work
although it's not the same thing.