[MlMt] GPG passphrase issues

Fri Sep 6 15:31:29 EDT 2013

On 6 Sep 2013, at 19:21, list at felix-kling.de wrote:

> I have tried several things but I cannot get MailMate to work with
> GPG.
>
> Approach 1: Homebrew (which I prefer)
> Approach 2: GPGTools (MacPGP) (I deinstalled the homebrew packages
> beforehand)

MailMate expects the GPGTools install and is hardcoded to the location
used by GPGTools. Unfortunately GPGTools recently changes its installer.
MailMate expects to find gpg2 here:

	/usr/local/bin/gpg2

But now it only exists here:

	/usr/local/MacGPG2/bin/gpg2

You can either fetch the latest test version of MailMate (hold down ⌥
when clicking Check Now in the Sofware Update preferences pane) or you
can make a symbolic link:

	/usr/local/bin/
	ln -s ../MacGPG2/bin/gpg2

(You could make that link to the homebrew version instead.)

It's on the todo to make this more robust (and informative when it
fails). Sorry about the inconvenience.