[MlMt] GPG passphrase issues

list at felix-kling.de list at felix-kling.de
Fri Sep 6 13:21:35 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have tried several things but I cannot get MailMate to work with GPG.

Approach 1: Homebrew (which I prefer)

I used homebrew to install gnupg2 (which also includes the dependencies
gpg-agent and pinentry). While the applications by themselves work fine
(I can sign files from the command line), whenever I want to sign an
email, I get gpg2 output including "MISSING PASSPHRASE", "ERROR
get_passphrase …" and "INV_SGNR 0" (or similar, I cannot test it right
now).
Could it be that the gpg-agent might not running properly? MailMate is
not even asking me for a password.

Approach 2: GPGTools (MacPGP) (I deinstalled the homebrew packages
beforehand)

Similar as above, the applications seem to work fine by themselves. I
configured it to use Keychain to store the password. When I'm trying to
sign an email now, I get the message "Signing or encryption failed for
unknown reasons."

I really don't know where else to look to solve this problem.
Thanks for any help!

Felix