[MlMt] Personal Inbox

Thu Sep 5 03:12:20 EDT 2013

On 5 Sep 2013, at 4:35, Ryan Erwin wrote:

Just for the record, your reply was delayed because of the size of the
attachments (the limit is currently 40KB). It requires me (as moderator)
to manually accept it.

> On 5 Sep 2013, at 9:07, Ralph Alvy wrote:
>> How would it be different than just looking at Inbox, since all those
>> messages are addressed to me? The only difference I can see is if
>> there's a message in my Inbox that is addressed to, say, undisclosed
>> recipients.
>
> When you click on the "Conditions" you see that Personal Inbox has:
> ![](cid:B2EE5B87-F00B-48A2-9ACD-23819FC3F266 at mac.com
> "PastedImage.png")
>
> I think this is actually setup backwards by mistake.

Not really, but I get your point.

> I think what was intended was:
> ![](cid:2A0973D3-A121-4432-A2A3-5A308B6D9B61 at mac.com
> "PastedImage.png")
>
> Which would give you an Inbox containing only emails from people that
> you've actually sent emails to, eliminating most SPAM and most
> automated ([bacn](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacn)) emails.

The original example shows all messages sent to email addresses which
you use yourself to send messages. A bit of a hack to get all addresses
specified in your IMAP accounts (since the query language does not yet
let you access those directly). As Bill noted this is useful for mailing
list messages.

Your example could be more useful for many users, but it has the problem
that it won't show you any messages from individuals that have never
sent you a message before.

In any case, its primary purpose is to be an example of the use of the
“is in” comparison method.