[MlMt] Two Questions from a New User

Scott Blystone tech at blystone.net
Mon Sep 2 11:12:17 EDT 2013

On 2 Sep 2013, at 11:04, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 2 Sep 2013, at 16:57, Scott Blystone wrote:
>
>> I'm a new registered MailMate user and I have two questions, please:
>
> Thanks for your support!
>
>> 1. How can I re-order my data sources (accounts)? I have added a
>> couple of new accounts and want them to appear in a particular order.
>> I've looked at the help file and searched the Web and was not able to
>> locate this information.
>
> It's not possible. It might not be so hard to add (after I did some
> other changes), but currently the only workaround is to rename the
> accounts, e.g., numerically.
>
>> 2. I have defined default columns. When I revert to default columns
>> for a particular folder the selection does not seem to stick. If I
>> move away from that folder and then come back to it most of the time
>> my default disappears. Am I missing something here or is this a bug?
>
> It could be a bug. There is a known bug where the
> “Default”-related menu items are available for some mailboxes
> which are currently the exceptions from the rule. Sent
> and Drafts mailboxes have their own defaults and must be changed
> individually. I haven't yet found a good way to handle this.
>
> --
> Benny

Benny,

Thanks for the fast answers and also for your honesty. There are no
"software bugs" - only "undocumented features"! :-)

--
Scott Blystone
Rochester, NY, US

CAcert Assurer (see http://www.cacert.org)
StartSSL Notary (see http://www.startssl.org)

Note: This address also works for Google Talk/Jabber/XMPP instant
messaging.