[MlMt] Handling “[Gmail]/All Mail” gracefully

Daniel Mann daniel.mann at terranhost.com
Wed Oct 30 12:24:53 EDT 2013

On 30 Oct 2013, at 6:15, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> The “Archive” mailbox in MailMate is a mailbox just like the Inbox
> and Sent Messages. When archiving something, it is moved to the
> designated Archive mailbox of that account. For a Gmail account it
> should now be possible to archive to “[Gmail]/All Mail” making it
> work more logically compared to the web-interface.

Yes, this works. Just subscribe to the folder, then right-click on the
[Gmail]/All Mail folder and select "Mailbox Type > Archive". From that
point on archiving a message in MailMate sends it to [Gmail]/All Mail.

> In MailMate, “[Gmail]/All Mail” only includes messages which are
> not found in any other (subscribed) mailboxes of the account. This
> ensures that there are no duplicate messages.

In my use with 1.7 (3790), the [Gmail]/All Mail folder includes all
messages, not just those without labels in Gmail. Not a problem since my
labels are sparingly (and temporarily) used, so there should never be
any significant duplication, but for now there are at least some
messages duplicated between other labels/folders and [Gmail]/All Mail.

-Daniel