[MlMt] Future Feature Thoughts (was Crowd Funding 2014)

Wed Oct 30 06:49:29 EDT 2013

On 29 Oct 2013, at 15:19, Scott Blystone wrote:

> Personally, I could not care less about Facebook, Twitter or other
> social networking links, but the Dropbox integration seems quite
> useful. Dropbox has recently opened up their API's some it's addition
> into MailMate might not me all that difficult. Perhaps the addition of
> Google Drive and/or other network storage systems would also be
> desirable.

I agree that it would be nice to support some kind of alternative
attachment mechanism, but as always I would be looking for a way to
generalize it. In this case it means providing some kind of hook which
would make it possible to do add support for uploading to Dropbox/Google
Drive/etc. instead of attaching to the email. I haven't looked into the
details and I don't really know how hard it would be to do. A quick
search reveals that Dropbox has a command line interface, but apparently
it does not allow uploading files.

> I'm also thinking about a companion Android and/or IOS client.

That is something I can quite definitely put in the “bluesky”
category. It would be nice, but it is also very unlikely to happen both
in the near and distant future.

Thanks for the feedback!

http://freron.com/crowdfund2014