[MlMt] Crowd Funding 2014

Ryan Erwin ryanerwin at mac.com
Mon Oct 21 10:34:29 EDT 2013

Benny,

Did you send a notice about the crowd funding opportunity to all of your
licensed users? I didn't notice one - I only saw notice through the
mailing list.

If you don't want to send an email blast, perhaps you should send a link
inside of the MailMate updates. If you get a 5-10% response rate to your
offer, your doing pretty good. I also noticed that the crowd funding
link you sent in MailMate wasn't a working link. The link in your emails
is to http://freron.com/crowdfunding2014 but the valid website link is
http://freron.com/crowdfund2014/

I think those of us on this list here are the most invested in seeing
MailMate succeed, we care enough about MailMate to get several emails
per day about it.

Perhaps we can all work together on some ideas to help Benny promote
MailMate, point out the features that will show why every hacker needs a
copy of MailMate, and eventually put together a short, sweet, 3 minute
screencast of what MailMate 2.0 could be, the post it on indiegogo (why
not kickstarter?) and try this again.

Personally, I use MailMate more than any other program on my MBA, and I
carry it around with me everywhere. I would hate to see this program
stagnate, it's already so much better at search than Mail.app, but there
is still so much that could be done to make MailMate truly great.

Best,

-Ryan in Shanghai