[MlMt] Crowd Funding 2014

Zvi Biener zvistrash at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 10:44:59 EDT 2013

I like the nascent marketing idea: MailMate is the hacker's email
client.

Not that you need too many interjections, Benny, but I, for one, would
much rather you spent time thinking of how to fund and advertise
MailMate and put development off for a little bit, if only to ensure
future development. I also think the video of the real power-feature,
customization, and generality of MailMate would attract lots of hacker
types, if they only new about it… A Facebook page can also do wonders
these days (people expect it, even).

Are you aware of Scrivener? It is also a home-made piece of software
that answers to a need most people thought was already solved: word
processing. But Scrivener has completely taken off. The guy who wrote
and runs it is very nice and might be responsive to another developer
asking how he might get a non-competing sourcing campaign off the
ground…

My 2c.

Zvi