[MlMt] Condition today

Tue Oct 15 12:11:14 EDT 2013

On 14 Oct 2013, at 19:03, MailMate wrote:

> I too would like to some generalization options. I would like to use
> MM for my wife, her needs are simpler than mine but the following
> generalizations would be extremely helpful to her.
>
> Today		- Arrived/Sent sometime between 0000 & 2400 hours
> Yesterday	- Arrived/Sent sometime between 0000 & 2400 hours on the day
> before today
> This week	- Arrived/Sent sometime in the current week (Sun-Mon or
> Mon-Sun, user preference)
> Last week	- Arrived/Sent sometime in the previous week (Sun-Mon or
> Mon-Sun, user preference)
> This month	- Arrived/Sent in the current month
> Last month	- Arrived/Sent in the previous month

This is similar to what is possible in the Finder (except for “last
week/month”). These options are simply listed below the other date
comparison options.

I would prefer (as always) something a bit more general. Something which
would allow one to pick any range of days/weeks/months/years relative to
the current date.

One way to view this is to have it as a checkmark option for the search
condition. For illustration:

	Date is within last 1 days [ ]
	Date is within last 1 days [✓]

Where the latter means that it should be interpreted as “from the
beginning of this day”. Using that “yesterday” would be:

	All of the following are true
		Date is within last 2 days [✓]
		Date is not within last 1 days [✓]

Similarly a checkmark would mean “from the beginning of this
week/month/year”.

Now, my main problem is the wording of such a checkmark option (English
is not my native language). The checkmark option could be placed in the
“days” popup or the “is within last” popup similar to how the
case sensitive option of string comparisons is located.

Note that this does not prevent some hardcoded alternatives for
“today”, “this week/month/year”.

Don't take this as me currently working on implementing this. I'm just
thinking about how to do it when I have time for it.