[MlMt] Set From: field depending on recipient address

Tue Oct 8 14:59:51 EDT 2013

On 8 Oct 2013, at 18:00, Igor Karpov wrote:

> It would be great to have a possibility to set From: field to some
> different address depending on recipient address.
> For example, I have to send requests to our data center support using
> 'sys at mycompany.com' instead of usual 'me at mycompany.com', otherwise
> their robot declines the letter. As far as I understand, Identities
> consider I have a different IMAP account for each of them, so it is
> not what I want. 'sys@' in this case is Google Apps alias or something
> like this.

The settings in MailMate for having multiple identities should be very
flexible. I'm not sure what it is that you cannot do. It is described in
the manual in the section about [account
setup](http://manual.mailmate-app.com/account_setup#imap). In your case
it sounds like you should just configure multiple “Email
Address(es)”. Also, after you have sent one message to the recipient
then MailMate should automatically use the correct From address the next
time you send a message to that recipient.