[MlMt] Unable to send GMail

Thu May 9 09:42:15 EDT 2013

On 9 May 2013, at 8:07, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

>> And it seems like it must just be me, because if GMail weren't
>> accepting outbound mail in general, we'd
>> have heard about it by now.
>
> During the night I now have this report form 3 users. I am going to
> assume this is somehow related to MailMate (despite the error message
> from the server). I'll move the discussion of this particular subject
> to this ticket:
> http://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/392

Update: The problem is still unresolved. Anyone with the same problem is
welcome to join the discussion. More data points might help resolve the
issue.

> Note that you should “watch” the ticket to get notifications by
> email (apparently this is not done automatically when users reply to a
> lighthouse ticket).

Remember the above if you want to stay updated on this issue.

> I tried sending with my own Gmail test account without problems. This
> indicates that the problem is more limited than just MailMate users.

I assume some of you do not have problems with sending through Gmail.
Just to make sure, you are welcome to send me an email (privately) to
confirm this.

> (Note: It's a Holiday in Denmark today which may affect how quickly I
> can address this issue.)

Also note that you can configure the Gmail account in MailMate to send
using a different SMTP if you have access to one. Otherwise you may be
able to run postfix on your own machine (I describe this in the ticket,
but apparently it did not work for at least one other user).