[MlMt] search using address book groups

Thu Mar 14 09:25:36 UTC 2013

On 14 Mar 2013, at 1:57, Dr Gregory Jefferis wrote:

> Does anyone know how to set up a smart mailbox based on to/from etc
> being a member of an Address Book group?

Sorry, this is not (yet) possible.

> This was a useful feature of Apple Mail that I have not yet
> recapitulated. I have used the "from" in mailbox approach and find
> this somewhat effective, but it also means that you have to very
> careful with mailbox purity.

Not quite sure I got that, but the best workaround is probably to tag
messages from people in the Address Book group (if possible), create a
smart mailbox with those messages based on the tag, and then make “is
in” smart mailboxes based on the from header of messages in that
mailbox.

> PS is there a way to search the mailing list archives?

One way is to use Google:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:lists.freron.com+address+book

The non-searchable archive is here (for the sake of completion):
http://lists.freron.com/mailmate/

I haven't myself added MailMate to any searchable online archives like
Nabble. I guess because I would then first have to decide which online
archive is optimal (occupational hazard). Suggestions/opinions are
welcome.