[MlMt] Offline directories

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Wed Mar 13 20:54:51 UTC 2013

At 20:34 +0100 3/13/13, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

>On 13 Mar 2013, at 19:23, Gustavo Daniel Villarreal wrote:
>
>but I don't see an option to store offline mail, eg., local folders.
>
>Correct, there is no such option.
>
>Since Mountain Lion, Mail.app has been constantly using 30-40% CPU,
>I've seen this issue on more machines than just mine, and it doesn't
>look like it will go away soon. MailMate so far has not had this
>problem, but it also doesn't have my ~30GB of archived offline mail
>directoriesŠ
>
>The performance bottleneck in MailMate is the number of messages and
>not the size of the messages...

    Since they seemed like pretty fundamental questions that I can see
any new MailMate user asking, I added both of them to my new FAQ:
<http://mailmate.meyerweb.com/doku.php?id=faq>
    Also, Daniel, you may be interested in MailSteward as a way of
maintaining your mail archives: <http://mailsteward.com/>.  It isn't
cheap if you need to go Pro, but in my (admittedly limited) testing
of the free-to-try version it seemed quite powerful.

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric at meyerweb.com)     http://meyerweb.com/