[MlMt] Some questions about MailMate (am testing it now)

Doug Lerner doug at lerner.net
Sun Dec 22 21:23:39 EST 2013

1. Does MailMate support conversations, as in fully expanded conversation
views (not just a list of threads)?

2. Since using MailPlane I have gotten to love love love the ability to
multiple-label items. Is that possible in MailMate? If so, do they sync
with Gmail labels?

3.  I also really really like labeling, moving and "go to" shortcuts in
MailPlane. For example, I can type "v" followed by however many letters I
need to find the unique characters of a label and when I select it it gets
archived in the right folder/label. Same with "g" (go to) and "l" label -
which is great for adding multiple labels, and even creating new labels on
the fly. Is that possible in MailMate?

4. If multiple labels are possible, how are multiple-labeled messages
supposed to appear in iOS Mail? If something is multiple-labeled, I can see
it in the multiple folders in MailPlane and Gmail, but in iOS Mail I don't
see many of the messages in the iOS IMAP folders. Instead I am often only
only able to find some mails I was looking for in "All Mail".l How would
that work in MailMate?

5. Somebody told me that multiple-labeled mails are actually duplicated in
MailMate, rather than using references or "smart folders." Is that true?

Thanks,

Doug