[MlMt] moveToMailbox keybindings w/ Gmail-hosted IMAP

Wed Dec 18 16:06:53 EST 2013

On 18 Dec 2013, at 17:41, Ted Byfield wrote:

> Bingo, now it works in the sense of moving the selected mail -- so
> thanks for that. :) What I don't get (which isn't really a MM problem)
> is the 'Cabinet' bit: rather than moving it to
> ...map.gmail.com/Cabinet/corr, it moves it to ...map.gmail.com/corr. I
> can live with that, since I never really got Gmail's Cabinet nonsense
> anyway -- IIRC, it was a sort of mongrel (not mutt :) concession on
> Google's part to lusers who *insisted* on filing their mail. Still,
> it'd be nice to get the syntax down.

I don't really know what this “Cabinet” is (or I forgot), but it
seems strange that the message is not moved to the correct folder if
both “corr” and “Cabinet/corr” exists… Let me know if you have
more details.

> Do I understand correctly that the nesting should be used for
> sequential keystrokes (as in 'm' = 'move to...' then 'c' = 'corr')?

Yes. Here is the classic key bindings description for OS X:
http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/site/cocoa-text.html