[MlMt] inaccurate message lists

Fri Dec 13 09:54:50 EST 2013

On 13 Dec 2013, at 15:39, Rob McBroom wrote:

> I would think MailMate just hasn’t gotten around to deleting them,
> but there could be hours or even days between the time I delete and
> the time I check mail on my phone. These messages never appear in
> MailMate again once it thinks they’re deleted, but they are still
> there. (I have access to the file system where the messages are
> actually stored. It’s not just the phone.)

This sounds like the deleted messages mailbox of the account is offline.
Check the mailbox used for deleted messages under SOURCES.

> I just had such a message. I restarted MailMate to see if it would
> reappear and it didn’t, but that might have caused it to finally
> remove the message because it’s no longer on the server.
>
> Maybe there’s a delay between “mark for delete” and “purge”
> and I’m shutting down my machine in between those steps, so it never
> happens?

If the account is online then the delay should be very short. MailMate
tries to do it immediately, but when moving something to deleted
messages then MailMate does not delete it from the source mailbox before
it knows the message is in the destination mailbox (which never happens
if that mailbox is offline).

> Related: Is there anything equivalent to Mail’s **Mailbox →
> Rebuild** menu item?

Yes, but I don't recommend using it unless I've suggested it myself (or
MailMate suggests it and in that case I would appreciate a bug report).
Your problem does not appear to be related to a corrupt database.