[MlMt] inaccurate message lists

Fri Dec 13 09:39:03 EST 2013

I’ve had this happen a few times. I’ll delete one or more messages
via MailMate, then read mail with another client (my phone, if it
matters) and see that the messages are still there.

I would think MailMate just hasn’t gotten around to deleting them, but
there could be hours or even days between the time I delete and the time
I check mail on my phone. These messages never appear in MailMate again
once it thinks they’re deleted, but they are still there. (I have
access to the file system where the messages are actually stored. It’s
not just the phone.)

I just had such a message. I restarted MailMate to see if it would
reappear and it didn’t, but that might have caused it to finally
remove the message because it’s no longer on the server.

Maybe there’s a delay between “mark for delete” and “purge”
and I’m shutting down my machine in between those steps, so it never
happens? Though it seems unlikely that my phone would show messages
marked for deletion.

Related: Is there anything equivalent to Mail’s **Mailbox →
Rebuild** menu item?

Thanks.

--
Rob McBroom