[MlMt] mailmate randomly changes the sender address

Alberto Caporro acaporro at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 05:30:07 EDT 2013

Hi David,

my usage pattern is quite simple and repeatable.

I have six email address configured in MailMate; one of them has two
aliases, which brings the total of possible "From" address to eight; my
work address has the domain "@consulthink.it", my main (in term of usage)
personal one is a "gmail.com".

If I write an email to one of my colleagues, as soon as I input his address
(xxx at consulthink.it) the "From" address is switched to my gmail account; I
can change it back to the "consulthink.it" address, but the next time I
write an email to the same person it happens again.

There are at least three anomalous behaviours here:

   1. When I write an email, the reasonable beahviour should be to use, as
   the sender address, one with the same domain, if available; if not some
   kind of heuristic should be applied.
   2. If the algorithm is supposed to learn, why am I seeing the same
   behaviour again and again?
   3. Why does this happen only with some of the recipients? I can send
   emails to other colleagues (same domain) and the sender address is the
   right one.

This has been happening since the first time I've used MM, and is still
happening right now; I've also tried removing my accounts, wiping my
configuration and starting again from scratch, with no apparent change.

Cheers,
Alberto