[MlMt] Looong delays when MailMate talks to SpamSieve

Torsten Grust torsten.grust at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 16:19:21 UTC 2012

Hi all,

is it only me or do people experience very long delays (~ 2 mins)
when new e-mail arrives in the Inbox and MailMate tries to hand
over the message to SpamSieve?   During the delay, MailMate is
unresponsive and shows the spinning Beach Ball of Death.™

Looking at the SpamSieve Log, it looks like SpamSieve does not
receive anything from MailMate at all (before the problem occurred,
I saw entries reporting message classifcation, rule application, etc.).

Disabling SpamSieve in the MailMate Preferences makes the delays go away.

I'm running SpamSieve 2.9.5 and OS X 10.8.2.  (A downgrade to
SpamSpieve 2.9.4. didn't appear to help.  The problem might
occur since the switch to OS X 10.8.2, I cannot tell for sure...)

I have

  defaults write com.freron.MailMate DebugSpamDetection -bool YES

Where can I see MailMate talking to SpamSieve?

Thanks and best wishes,
   --Torsten