[MlMt] New messages now have "To:" pre-filled-in

David Vereschagin mailmate at quadrat.com
Wed Mar 21 13:18:26 UTC 2012

On 21 Mar 2012, at 5:10, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> I have many email aliases and most of them are not explicitly defined
> in the [“Email
> Address(es)”](http://manual.mailmate-app.com/account_setup) field of
> the account settings. This works if MailMate can derive the address
> from the headers of the replied message. The address is then used as
> the default for the `From` header of the new message. For example, I
> do this with my email address for this list.

I really like this feature.  I also have many email aliases, with only a
few of them defined in my MailMail account settings.

> The new thing is that the `To` header is also pre-filled if there is a
> `List-Post` header available in the current context.
>
> How to change this behavior [...]

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, I can turn off the derivation
of the "To" address by turning off the derivation of the "From" address.
  Since I like MailMate deriving the "From" address, and now that I have
a better understanding of how this works, I'll just be a little more
careful.

I've probably only noticed this behaviour with the "From" address
because one of the mailing lists I'm on has been very active lately and
I haven't been clearing the messages as promptly as I usually do. This
would be a case where real filtering in MM would be handy: MM could
check if a message is from a mailing list and Move it to the Archive
immediately. I'd be able to see from the badges that there are unread
messages in the Archive and in the Mailing Lists smart mailbox, but not
have them cluttering my Inbox.

--
David Vereschagin
Quadrat Communications