[MlMt] Bounce emails?

Sat Jun 9 13:07:53 UTC 2012

On 9 Jun 2012, at 13:19, Joachim Tingvold wrote:

> On 9 Jun 2012, at 8:16, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>> First, I would like to make sure we use the same terminology. The
>> term used for the above should be “resending”.
>
> Fair enough -- many clients use the term "bounce", though (like Mutt).

Ok, I didn't know that. Seems a bit strange (at least for me as a
non-native English speaking individual) to use the word “bounce” for
something that doesn't go back to where it came from :-)

>> “Resending” is described in [RFC 5322][1]. It is required that
>> headers are added to the message which clearly shows that it has been
>> resent. Most email clients should show these headers, but this is
>> where it gets embarrassing: MailMate does not show these headers (I
>> really should fix that).
>
> Even if you view the raw source/extended headers? (alt+cmd+u)

No, you can always see all headers in the raw source, but MailMate
should show it in the headers view as well (when resent-headers exist).

> Personally I don't have the need to edit the email before resending
> it. If I wanted to add comments, I would use normal forward.

Ok.