[MlMt] Delay sounds? List a Source folder under 'Mailboxes'?

Joachim Tingvold joachim at tingvold.com
Fri Jun 8 23:56:34 UTC 2012

On 7 Jun 2012, at 21:17, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
> I assume you also had this problem in other email clients?

Yes, and no. Mail.app does indeed have some kind of delay (at least
there is no sound right away when you see a new email arrive). The other
clients I've tested, didn't have any sound (or, at least I never enabled
it).

> Do you know that the sound can be disabled? (It's a bit quirky, but
> you can do it in the Counters preferences pane.)

Yeah, I know, and that's what I've done. But even with Growl-alerts, I
find the sound to be a nice addition. I usually notice new emails by the
sound from my iPhone, but having headphones on or similar, that's not
always enough.

In any case; this is yet another thing that can be added to my ever so
increasing "things that I complain about with MailMate, but really isn't
a problem"-list (-:

> I'm getting it now I think. You want the equivalent of a folder alias
> in the Finder. That is not currently possible, but I guess you can get
> pretty close. You need to use a feature which is not yet exposed in
> the GUI. Quit MailMate and edit the following file:
>
> […]
>
> Now start MailMate and see how it goes. You can edit the smart mailbox
> in the GUI, but you can only change the values of the
> partitioning-related keys by editing the file.

Works like a charm. Thanks! (-:

--
Joachim