[MlMt] Delay sounds? List a Source folder under 'Mailboxes'?

Thu Jun 7 19:17:39 UTC 2012

On 4 Jun 2012, at 23:28, Joachim Tingvold wrote:

> On 4 Jun 2012, at 21:03, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>> The straightforward solution would be some preferences value for
>> delaying sounds to be played (there is already some coalescing of
>> sounds). How long do you think such a delay should be for it to work
>> in your case?
>
> It really depends, as imapfilter seems to "lag" sometimes, making
> everything from <1 second to <10 seconds a reality (in extreme cases,
> it might be >10 seconds, but that is not a big issue the few times it
> might happen). In any case, setting the delay to 10 seconds would
> likely remove 99% of the "false positives" I currently have.

I assume you also had this problem in other email clients?

Do you know that the sound can be disabled? (It's a bit quirky, but you
can do it in the Counters preferences pane.)

>> But they cannot be used as drag destinations if that is what your are
>> looking for? Maybe you should describe the use case in more detail.
>
> I have loads of folders in some of my accounts, but I rarely use them
> all. Since I'm a bit of a minimalist, I'd really like to have the
> Sources (that is, the accounts) closed (i.e. not expanded), like
> this[1]. However, I'd still like to have the ability to access one
> particular folder (and it's subfolders). Currently, I can only do it
> like this[2]. However, I'd really like to have like this[3]. You get
> where I'm getting with this? (-:

I'm getting it now I think. You want the equivalent of a folder alias in
the Finder. That is not currently possible, but I guess you can get
pretty close. You need to use a feature which is not yet exposed in the
GUI. Quit MailMate and edit the following file:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist

Then insert the following at the bottom of the list (at the same level
as the other mailboxes):

	{	filter = "#source.path ~ 'Lists'";
		name = "Lists alias";
		parentUUID = "MAILBOXES";
		partitioningFormatString = "${#source.path/Lists\\/(.*)/$1/}";
		partitioningHeader = "#source";
		set = "imap://username@example.com";
		uuid = "C2A16E18-B3C2-4086-99AA-C5392627AE74";
	},

You'll need to change the value of `set` (and maybe more). It creates a
smart mailbox based on all messages within the related account. It
includes all messages with “Lists” in its mailbox path. These
messages are then partitioned based on the internal `#source` header and
the same header is used to show a name for the mailbox (a regex
substitution is used to get rid of the common prefix).

Now start MailMate and see how it goes. You can edit the smart mailbox
in the GUI, but you can only change the values of the
partitioning-related keys by editing the file.