[MlMt] Delay sounds? List a Source folder under 'Mailboxes'?

Joachim Tingvold joachim at tingvold.com
Mon Jun 4 21:28:54 UTC 2012

On 4 Jun 2012, at 21:03, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
> The straightforward solution would be some preferences value for
> delaying sounds to be played (there is already some coalescing of
> sounds). How long do you think such a delay should be for it to work
> in your case?

It really depends, as imapfilter seems to "lag" sometimes, making
everything from <1 second to <10 seconds a reality (in extreme cases, it
might be >10 seconds, but that is not a big issue the few times it might
happen). In any case, setting the delay to 10 seconds would likely
remove 99% of the "false positives" I currently have.

> But they cannot be used as drag destinations if that is what your are
> looking for? Maybe you should describe the use case in more detail.

I have loads of folders in some of my accounts, but I rarely use them
all. Since I'm a bit of a minimalist, I'd really like to have the
Sources (that is, the accounts) closed (i.e. not expanded), like
this[1]. However, I'd still like to have the ability to access one
particular folder (and it's subfolders). Currently, I can only do it
like this[2]. However, I'd really like to have like this[3]. You get
where I'm getting with this? (-:

[1] <http://home.komsys.org/~jocke/mailmate_mailboxes_1.png>
[2] <http://home.komsys.org/~jocke/mailmate_mailboxes_2.png>
[3] <http://home.komsys.org/~jocke/mailmate_mailboxes_3.png>