[MlMt] Delay sounds? List a Source folder under 'Mailboxes'?

Mon Jun 4 19:03:33 UTC 2012

On 4 Jun 2012, at 18:50, Joachim Tingvold wrote:

> [...] Yesterday I stumbled upon MailMate, and so far, it seems really
> promising! Good work!

Thanks.

> So, to the questions I have;
>
> 1) Is it possible to delay the sound it makes for new emails? You see,
> I use imapfilter to sort all my email, and this often results in my
> mail client getting the email in the Inbox (triggering the 'new email'
> sound), and a second later, the email is gone (moved to the proper
> folder). I therefore get a lot of 'new mail sound' false-positives…
> is it possible to do something regarding this?

No, there is no solution I can think of. It is also not obvious what I
could do to make a solution possible. The best I can think of would be
if it was possible to make a smart mailbox only showing messages more
than x seconds old, but that is going to be non-trivial. The smallest
unit is currently days, but this is only an approximate measure and it
would not work well if I simply allowed seconds to be configured.

The straightforward solution would be some preferences value for
delaying sounds to be played (there is already some coalescing of
sounds). How long do you think such a delay should be for it to work in
your case?

> 2) Would it be possible to list all subfolders of a Source mailbox, as
> subfolders of a Smart Mailbox? Or some kind of shortcut to a Source
> mailbox? Basically, what I'd like to have, is a folder called 'Lists'
> under Mailboxes, which is a direct shortcut (or whatever you want to
> call it) to Sources/someaccount/somefolder/Lists. The latter is a
> folder with a lot of subfolders, so when I expand the 'Lists' shortcut
> under Mailboxes, it shows all the subfolders of
> Sources/someaccount/somefolder/Lists… I'm not sure if I explained
> that good enough, but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say
> (-:

No, I'm not quite sure. You cannot make IMAP mailbox aliases, but I
believe it is possible to have submailboxes dividing the messages of a
parent mailbox (Lists?) according to their IMAP mailbox. But they cannot
be used as drag destinations if that is what your are looking for? Maybe
you should describe the use case in more detail.

Note the “Go to Source” (⌥⌘S) which can be used to jump to the
IMAP mailbox the currently selected message. Maybe that can help too?