[MlMt] Delay sounds? List a Source folder under 'Mailboxes'?

Mon Jun 4 19:20:28 UTC 2012

On 4 Jun 2012, at 19:45, Joachim Tingvold wrote:

> 3) Is there a way to customize the 'Date Received' field in the
> email-list? I don't want the timezone,

Timezone? You mean the time of day?

> and I also might want to remove the relative 'Today' and 'Yesterday'
> (replacing them with dates). I guess MailMate gets all of these from
> the OS somehow, so I'm not sure if this is even possible?

No, it is actually all custom code. It was a rather big task to make the
Date column since it must also dynamically change when being resized.

The good news is that it does make it possible for me to make it
customizable, but I cannot claim that it is a high priority.

For the record, I currently have 5 different formats depending on the
width of the column. These are:

	{ NSDateFormatterLongStyle,   NSDateFormatterShortStyle },
	{ NSDateFormatterMediumStyle, NSDateFormatterShortStyle },
	{ NSDateFormatterShortStyle,  NSDateFormatterShortStyle },
	{ NSDateFormatterMediumStyle,  NSDateFormatterNoStyle },
	{ NSDateFormatterShortStyle,  NSDateFormatterNoStyle },

The first row is the format used for the date (left aligned), and the
second row is the format used for the time of day (right aligned). The
“Yesterday/Today” stuff is handled separately. If I understand you
correctly you want to disable “Yesterday/Today” and always disable
the time of day?

Note that is also a relative “Date Received” column available.

> 4) Is there a way for MailMate to automatically remove the signature
> when replying to emails? (That is, everything after, and including,
> '--<space>\n').

Yes, but it is a hidden/experimental feature. It is possible to make
MailMate run a script on the body of a message before replying to it
(also before displaying it). This is part of what I hope is going to be
a very central part of MailMate in the future (customization via scripts
either explicitly executed or triggered by events such as replying).

I might have time later tonight or tomorrow to provide a script which
would do what you want (and which would work with the current version of
MailMate).