[MlMt] order of mail address completion?

Thu Feb 2 15:09:51 UTC 2012

On 2 Feb 2012, at 13:13, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> On 2 Feb 2012, at 12:17, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> No. It only depends on the date (I've checked the related code). If
>> you have a counter example then it would be nice if you could provide
>> a set of example messages which result in this behavior.
>
> I'll try to find time to produce an example, but it will take time (I
> need to find messages that don't contain private information, move
> them to a mailbox, set the mailbox for the suggestions, and hope the
> bug is reproducible).
>
> I did experiment a bit, and this is what I found:
> - entering a second character works most of the time (i.e., the
> suggestion with just one character is wrong, but with two it works
> most of the time);
> - addresses that do not have a name associated with them (pure
> addresses) require many additional letters before climbing to the top
> of the selection.

The above helped me spot a problem although it does not quite explain
what you see. Currently, an address-only (no name) message is skipped if
MailMate has already seen a message with both name and address.
Unfortunately, this also means that the date of the address-only message
is forgotten. I'll fix this and I'll notify you when there is a test
build with this change, so you can see how it affects what you see.