[MlMt] order of mail address completion?

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Thu Feb 2 12:13:12 UTC 2012

On 2 Feb 2012, at 12:17, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> No. It only depends on the date (I've checked the related code). If
> you have a counter example then it would be nice if you could provide
> a set of example messages which result in this behavior.

I'll try to find time to produce an example, but it will take time (I
need to find messages that don't contain private information, move them
to a mailbox, set the mailbox for the suggestions, and hope the bug is
reproducible).

I did experiment a bit, and this is what I found:
- entering a second character works most of the time (i.e., the
suggestion with just one character is wrong, but with two it works most
of the time);
- addresses that do not have a name associated with them (pure
addresses) require many additional letters before climbing to the top of
the selection.

Alan