[MlMt] Test version available: Support for tags using IMAP keywords

Fri Dec 7 17:27:43 UTC 2012

On 7 Dec 2012, at 17:49, David Vereschagin wrote:

> Do tags have to be mapped to IMAP keywords? Mapping them to existing
> IMAP keywords causes every message using that keyword to be given the
> tag. For me this is not a desired result.

This shows that I need to be more clear in my description of the
feature. The IMAP keyword completion in the Tags preferences pane is
only for convenience when trying to bind tags to existing keywords. You
don't need to use existing keywords. Just enter a new tag name and let
MailMate create a suitable IMAP keyword (never use one that is prefixed
with $ or \). So, you should create the tag Billable with the IMAP
keyword Billable. Often they can be the same, but IMAP keywords are
limited, in particular, no spaces or non-ASCII symbols. The tag names
can be anything.

Is that clear?

I think it also explains the other things you described. I'll look into
the crash.