[MlMt] Default app

Thomas Eckhold Thomas at Eckhold.eu
Thu Oct 20 11:55:30 UTC 2011

On 20 Oct 2011, at 13:44, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> This turned out to be a non-trivial question. The short answer is: No,
> iCal is hardcoded to use Mail.app and does not look for the default
> email client (which essentially just binds mailto: links to an
> application).

Does that mean it could work with other calendar apps like BusyCal (that
is what I am using)? However, BusyCal calls Mail.app by default and I
believe it doesn't check which email client is set as default client
(even the manual states it does). BusyCal creates its own ics file.
Maybe I could ask them to support other email clients like MM.

Regards,
Thomas