[MlMt] Maildir support?

Mon May 23 18:17:37 UTC 2011

On 23 May 2011, at 16:27, emory+mailmate at hellyeah.com wrote:

> Are there any plans to implement support for local mail directories?

No.

> It would be useful for users that use console-based email clients in
> conjunction with offlineimap or other mechanisms for working with
> email.

So you want to share the local message cache between MailMate and other
clients?

(I ask because I most often receive requests for allowing MailMate to
store messages in local mailboxes, i.e., removing them from IMAP
completely.)

> (IMO most of those users would probably like support for Maildir
> prioritized
> above mbox and mix.)

Don't expect MailMate to support any of this. It is more likely that
I'll introduce a mode in which MailMate does not keep a local copy of
messages. This way you might be able to run a local IMAP server, use
OfflineIMAP to sync to it, and then connect MailMate (and other clients)
to IMAP on localhost. This is all theory and no work has been done in
this area.