[MlMt] Maildir support?

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Mon May 23 22:49:10 UTC 2011

--On May 23, 2011 8:17:37 PM +0200 Benny Kjær Nielsen
<mailinglist at freron.com> wrote:

> Don't expect MailMate to support any of this. It is more likely that
> I'll introduce a mode in which MailMate does not keep a local copy of
> messages. This way you might be able to run a local IMAP server, use
> OfflineIMAP to sync to it, and then connect MailMate (and other
> clients) to IMAP on localhost. This is all theory and no work has
> been done in this area.

I would much prefer this (no local cache at all) rather than local
mailbox support.  Particularly if this means that message parts and
attachments wouldn't be downloaded at all until I asked for them.
That's one of the real advantages of IMAP, you can look at a message
without downloading the attachments, HTML parts, etc.  Caching
everything sort of defeats that, especially if you use more than one
machine to view EMail.

         Mike