[MlMt] Tips to make custom (thread arcs) views easier?

Thu Jun 2 22:57:49 UTC 2011

On 2 Jun 2011, at 14:19, Mike Brasch wrote:

> What tools do you use to design the views?

Just a text editor, but I use one (TextMate) with syntax highlighting
for plist files which makes it much easier to avoid syntax errors.

> Or do you have any tips/tricks?

Even for me it can be a bit of trial-and-error. There are also some bugs
in the layout system which makes some configurations impossible. But
don't get me wrong. I'm really glad when users try to use the layout
system to personalize the GUI.

I have attached a plist file which almost does what you want. Due to one
of the layout bugs I had to fix the width of the thread arcs view. You
can change this width if you like to your preferred setting.

I also tried adding a shortcut for enabling/disabling the thread arcs
view, but unfortunately that does not work for fixed width views. I
didn't remove it though in case I fix the layout problem.

> Thread arcs should reflect the read status. Is it possible to make it
> myself via the .plist?

No, there is no option to do that. I guess there could be some system
for assigning colors to states like unread, flagged, etc. I'll think
about that.