[MlMt] Strange "From" address

Tue Dec 27 19:52:32 UTC 2011

On 27 Dec 2011, at 19:46, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> On 27 Dec 2011, at 11:05, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure what to do about this other than making the mailing list
>> address derivation an optional feature in the preferences. I could
>> perhaps also never trust an `X-Original-To` header which has been
>> added before a `Delivered-To` header.
>
> If there is some configuration option I can ask of the inria.fr admins
> to help this, please let me know.

I'm not very experienced in reading `Received` headers, but it appears
the original address is lost in one of the final steps. Maybe related to
some kind of local forwarding, but I really don't know exactly what
happens (3 different email addresses can be seen in the delivery
headers). In any case, I need to improve the heuristic for deriving a
default From address as I have described in the ticket you created. And
hopefully I can make that work for you as well.