[MlMt] Strange "From" address

Mon Dec 26 16:06:24 UTC 2011

On 26 Dec 2011, at 12:15, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> I'm trying MailMate, and when sending a message to the Aquamacs
> mailing list, the "From" address used was a bit strange:
>
> 		From: "Alan Schmitt" <aquamacs-devel at aquamacs.org>
> 		To: "Aquamacs Developers" <aquamacs-devel at aquamacs.org>
> 		Subject: Re: [Aquamacs-devel] Building aquamacs24 with no added
> package
>
> Is this a (known) bug?

See the excellent answer from Allan. The headers of the original message
can probably help track down the exact problem. Then we'll see if I can
fix it by changing the heuristic or if it has to be made an optional
feature.

> PS: I'll probably send several other questions during the next few
> days, is this the place to do so?

Ideally, the list should be for questions which others may be able to
answer or questions which are of general interest (so your question was
fine). In practice, most users are just going to use the feedback method
that they prefer (list, ticket system, feedback email, blog comment, or
Twitter). That is fine for me. Well, maybe not Twitter where a question
often fits within the 140 char limit, but it is very difficult to fit an
answer within the same limit while still being polite :-)