[MlMt] Helping MailMate and TaskPaper get along for better living

Emory L. emory at hellyeah.com
Mon Dec 12 03:28:34 UTC 2011

*Not sure if replying to the digest post from Amiram will wreck
threading for people, swapping the subject line out and giving it a
try.*

On 9 Dec 2011, at 1:32, Amiram Reuveni wrote:

> I'm sure that someone with better knowledge of AppleScript could
> consolidate it all into one script. Still, if you want to have a look
> at my mishmash let me know your email and

Your message inspired me to give it a try from the QuickSilver angle.
What I have come up with now isn't exactly awesome but I mapped 'L' to
CopyasLink in my keybind preferences, and then bring up QuickSilver and
use the text insert shortcut '.' to give me an input, type:

	- Something about this email 'cmd-v'

and then use a "send to TaskPaper" AppleScript I found on the TaskPaper
wiki that sends it to the Inbox: project in the frontmost TaskPaper
document.  This will hold me over until I can play with REST or I see
that something is new and improved in the scripting side of MailMate.

It may seem silly that I'm harping on wanting to push one button instead
of typing a brief description and set of hotkeys, but it would make
triaging an Inbox completely trivial for my TaskPaper workflow.

> The reason I moved to working on a copy was that if you alias the
> original but then move the message to another mail box the link
> breaks.

I haven't played with that much but when I CopyasLink I get a message
URL in my clipboard like this:

	message://%3c201112100021.asdfasdf@asdferasdasef%3e

and then clicking that opens the message even if I have subsequently
Archived it or saved it to another folder like a yearly archive folder.

For getting some context (and seeing follow-ups and replies) have you
found it useful to use "Go to Source" when the message is open?  That
will show you the message in a full MailMate viewer with whatever
conversation view/context you would normally have.

//e