[MlMt] MailMate not opening message windows?

John Cooper mailmate2 at coopercontent.com
Fri Mar 22 21:32:14 EDT 2024

Baron Fujimoto wrote (at 6:20 PM on Friday, March 22, 2024):

> I also have a problem, well more of an annoyance, in that MailMate warns on every startup that it doesnʻt have access to my contacts and wants me to modify my systemʻs Privacy & Security preferences to allow it. But I donʻt want to allow it. How do I get MailMate to stop asking/warning about this?

Make sure that "Contacts" is not selected in MailMate > Settings > Composer > Auto-Completion Sources.

> My MailMate has stopped opening message windows when I click on on a them in list of messages in the mailbox window. Nor does the window appear in the list of available windows under the Window menu. Any ideas how to fix this?

5937 is an older, stable build in wide use and no one else has reported this problem, so the issue is most likely with your configuration or your expectations. I'm not sure I understand about the behavior you're missing. A single click has never opened a separate message window in my experience. If you use a viewer window layout with a message view pane, a single click in the message list will show the message in that pane. In my setup at least, when a message is selected in the list, pressing the Return key will open the message in a new window. So will double-clicking the message in the list.