[MlMt] Problems with Outlook (Microsoft Windows Live) email sources?

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Thu Jan 25 09:30:29 EST 2024

It seems to me when attempting to log in the IMAP account in
auto-configure mode, that it’s a security thing with Windows Live. The
auto-configure uses new IMAP Server names (outlook.office365.com,
attempting to share with online windows Live accounts according to the
display in MM). The popup (see pic) failed to resolve to a working
browser page (blank popup window appears and disappears with no details,
so the auto-configure is stuck.

Using the previous setup in IMAP Servers with Mail (IMAP server,
mail.outlook.com, etc.) but it’s a no-go in MM for unknown reasons.
Works in Mail but occasionally needs refresh to stay connected. While
connected I can send and receive test messages.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.