[MlMt] Problems with Outlook (Microsoft Windows Live) email sources?

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Thu Jan 25 09:01:32 EST 2024

Hello All,

I’ve been having issues with maintaining a connection to IMAP account
at outlook.com server. It will often come up with a LOGIN FAIL error in
Mailmate r6015-6018.

Using MM on a MBP 2021 M1 Pro (APPLE SILICON). What I have tried so far:
1. Compare to other accounts on the same machine and MM installation.
All other accounts seem fine.
2. Tried to reset password on Outlook source IMAP settings, which
doesn’t do the trick. Neither does completely replacing the Source
account, logging it in.
3. Checked against different OS installations, different computers and
comparing with Mail.app.

Have the Outlook account which is seldom active except for testing,
turned off. Waiting to hear from anyone using Outlook. I am aware that
Microsoft has recent change their app to “New Outlook” and wonder if
that is something related… Anyone else? Also sent Benny Feedback to
see his take on this. Appreciate any of your input here.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.