[MlMt] Threads and Sent Messages

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Wed Jan 10 23:22:00 EST 2024

Devyn,

I think you and I have similar mail browsing styles. I have enabled the
preference to store sent messages with their replies, because I have a
bunch of distinct IMAP folders for various parts of my email universe. I
want to be able to browse the full set of messages for one category, and
easily view the full thread of a conversation.

I rarely let messages stay in the Sent folder. Instead, I move them
manually to the right folder as needed, i.e., when they are initiating a
new thread.

In my experience, there’s no real downside. You may want to adjust how
your auto-completion works by creating a new smart folder that contains
all the messages you have sent. Using that folder in the Preferences
under Composer -> Auto-Completion Sources -> Recipient Headers will give
you the same (actually better, IMHO) functionality than the default
configuration.

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net