[MlMt] Threads and Sent Messages

devynosborne at gmail.com devynosborne at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 12:26:11 EST 2024

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the help! I don’t tend to move
messages, though I do live in threads. It sounds this will get me there.

A few questions occurred to me since writing yesterday:

1. In recent years, I’ve relied heavily on Smart Folders in Apple Mail
for organization. Will threads appear properly in MM’s Smart Folders?

2. How does this affect Gmail’s organization (or lack thereof)? (I
mainly use Gmail, though do intend to move more to my custom domain,
currently hosted with Dreamhost.)

3. Does this help to see threads when searching? As it is now when I
search for, say, “threads f glenn” it displays your single email
alone. If I right-click Find Messages > Related to "Threads and Sent
Messages”, it still shows just your one email. If I right-click Go to
Source, MM opens a new window, but still shows just your email. Once the
preference is enabled, would any of these views show this thread? Or is
there another method that I am missing? Searching is a big part of my
email experience, and the ability to get to a thread through search is
pretty critical.

Thanks!

Devyn